Welcome to Mindrol Ösel Ling in Chicago, USA. Formerly Tsogyaling Meditation Center, Ösel Ling operates under the guidance of Mindrolling Jetsün Khandro Rinpoche. Founded by Chögyal Terdag Lingpa (1646 - 1714), the Mindrolling Lineage belongs to the Nyingma school of Tibetan Buddhism and is well-known for preserving the authentic Buddhist teachings in their purest form.
The History of Ösel Ling
The Tsogyaling Meditation Center was founded in Evanston Illinois in April of 2007 by Nancy Floy and her husband Asang who were students of His Holiness Penor Rinpoche. Three Khenpos from Namdroling Monastery were appointed to come to teach at the center, Khenpo Gawang, Khenpo Tsewang and Khenpo Khunchog Dechen. The founders also created a school in Eastern Tibet called the Tibet Girls School which brought 14 nomad girls down from the village of Rama, into their home city of Yushu and fed, clothed and educated them.
For 3 years the growing Tsogyaling sangha practiced, studied the Dharma and supported the Tibet Girls School, while awaiting the arrival of the Khenpos. But sadly, in May of 2010 a massive earthquake struck Yushu and thousands of people were killed and the school was destroyed. The 3 Khenpos and Asang were committed to helping their home city rebuild and ended their connection with Tsogyaling at that time. Nancy and a small group of students continued to practice and study together and slowly the sangha grew.
In August of 2014 a formal request was made to Her Eminence Jetsün Khandro Rinpoche to take over the center and Rinpoche accepted. Rinpoche gave the center it's new name Ösel Ling which means 'garden of luminosity.'
318total visits,4visits today