We are pleased to announce a new Wednesday night series for both those curious about or new to the Buddhist path, as well as those who wish to strengthen their understanding of the foundational teachings of Buddhism.
Each class will begin with meditation, followed by a talk on a specific topic and a discussion period. Students may register for the full set or individual sessions. Students may also pay $10 the door to attend an individual session.
To more fully integrate this series, students are encouraged to combine it with participation in the program on Interdependent Origination which be held monthly on the first Saturdays in February, March and April.
Schedule and Topics to be covered in the Wednesday night series:
1. Feb 5 | What Is Buddhism?
2. Feb 12 |The Buddha’s Journey is Our Journey
3. Feb 19 | What the Buddha Realized and Taught
4. Mar 4 | Why Do We Suffer So Much?
5. Mar 11 | Turning Away from the Path of Suffering
6. Mar 18 | The Problem with the “Me Project”
7. Apr 1 | Finding Freedom
8. Apr 8 | The Path of the Awakened Heart
9. Apr 22 | The Four Immeasurables
10. Apr 29 | The Power of Meditation
Time: 6:30 – 7:45pm
Led by: Julie Heegaard, Resident Director of Mindrol Osel Ling
Register online: $60 for entire series; Per individual session: $10
At the door: $10
Those who register for the entire program and must miss a class or two can receive a recording of that class for personal use only.
REGISTRATION TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE. PLEASE CHECK BACK.
PLEASE NOTE: When paying by credit card, if you receive a 15005 error code, this may indicate a that information you entered above has created a mismatch between your bank/credit card provider and PayPal. Please check with your credit card provider or try using a different card. Alternatively, you may wish to pay by check.